ATS is starting to implement green technology in their luxury charter buses. With clean air engines and green technology, luxury charter buses are the way to travel if you want to travel with a large group while minimizing your environmental impact.
When passengers travel to an event or conference by motor coach instead of by car — either rental or personal — up to 55 cars are taken off the road! Too many vehicles on the road, whether hybrid or not, are the sole cause of congestion. And according to the 2007 Urban Mobility Report of the Texas Transportation Institute “traffic jams cost $78 billion in lost hours and wasted fuel in 2005″.
Fortunately, one motor coach emits less CO2 and causes significantly less congestion than 55 of the most fuel efficient car.
- Motor coaches currently provide 184 passenger miles per gallon (MPG), more than double the second most fuel-efficient sector, commuter rail at 86 passenger MPG.
- Transit buses achieve 32 passenger MPG;
- Domestic air carriers achieve 42 passenger MPG, and;
- Single passenger automobiles achieve 28 passenger MPG.
- Motor coaches produce carbon emissions of only 56 grams per passenger, compared to 371 grams for a passenger car.
- Motor coaches use 946 BTUs per passenger mile, compared to 3,890 for planes and 2,134 for trains.
- Motor coaches emit the least carbon dioxide (CO2) per passenger mile when compared to other vehicles. Carbon dioxide emissions are reduced by an average of 85% per passenger mile for every person who chooses motor coach travel instead of driving alone.